How Do I Collect Attendee Info with Custom Fields?
Custom Fields can now be set to appear BEFORE checkout! Ensure that the custom field is tagged as 'required' and the purchaser will need to fill out the information before checkout.
Having attendees register is just the start of the event management role. What we really want to do is achieve event sold out status...and to get there we might need to be paying attention to what our attendees are saying to us as they register.
From industry to education to favourite hobby, all of these answers could help us segment and target further potential attendees.
Not only thinking about sales and improving our ROI, but we can also use this data to plan an even more amazing event. Ask your attendees what their most anticipated session is, or what size T-Shirt they want or even whether they want their first drink to be a Kombucha tea or bulletproof coffee! All of this data enables us to better plan and manage our events.
Custom Fields enable the organiser to collect information you require about your attendees. From Twitter handle to t-shirt size, dietary preferences to favorite muffin flavour!
Creating Custom Attendee Fields
Unique to each event, these fields are defined for each event. Custom Fields are found on the event setup pages. We can create new custom fields (to a maximum of 10) by heading to Registrations > Attendee Fields.
Add your custom field questions here, remembering that we don't want to slow the attendee down too much with too many questions! A good rule of thumb is 3-5 questions. If you want to mark the custom field as required, simply check the box next to the custom field.
If you need to remove a custom field, click on the name and then hit the red delete button.
What did they say? - Viewing Custom Field Responses
At anytime during registration we can head to Attendee management screen and export a .csv to view the responses to our Custom Field questions. Regularly check on this data and use it to fine tune registrations, the event setup and the event schedule.
Notes about Custom Fields
Do note that the more custom fields you generate, the more information the attendee will need to complete on the attendee information screen!
What to ask?
Deciding to collect information of course is only the first step, deciding what to ask for your event is where the work comes in! EventsFrame will already collect first and last names along with email address for all of your attendees. Here is our list of questions to choose from:
- Have you been to this event before?
- Do you want to signup for our <regular> newsletter?
- Do you agree with your information being shared with our sponsors (list sponsors for GDPR compliance purposes!)
- Which session are you most excited to attend?
- What is your favourite type of music?
- Do you need any assistance at the event?
- How will you measure the success of attending this event?
- Do you have any specific dietary restrictions?
- When are you planning on making a purchase?
- Will you be staying at one of the vent hotels?
- What industry are you in?
- What is your Facebook/Twitter/G+/LinkedIn/Instagram profile?
- What post event beverage do you most enjoy?
- Why did you decide to attend this event?
- How did you hear about this event?
- Are you interested to sponsor this event?
- Do you want to join a breakfast networking party?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is the last movie that you watched?
- How many Twitter/Instagram/G+ followers do you have?
How do Attendees fill out this information?
If the Custom Fields are required, then the attendee must complete the custom fields before they checkout. The attendees will be listed in the order screen and the ordered will click through the required fields.
If the custom fields are not required, all attendees receive a ticket via email, from here they click on the 'Edit Ticket' link and then 'Fill in additional attendee information', shown below: