Setup PayPal as a Payment Option
Important! Before you start:
- You must be using a business PayPal account to accept payments. You can get more information here.
- When editing these settings in PayPal, it is recommended to use a PC/laptop/Macbook (full browser) and not a tablet/smartphone (these devices are classified as mobile by PayPal and may not consistently show the same screens)
If you encounter any issues please always check the PayPal status page and click on the API tab:
Setting Up PayPal
If you'd like to use PayPal on its own, follow the instructions below to get everything setup. Once these steps have been completed, you can control which events PayPal will be available as a payment option.
- Login to the PayPal Developer Dashboard (that link should take you to the Applications page). (Log into Dashboard if you haven't done so already)
- Open My Apps & Credentials section and click Create App (before that make sure that Sandbox is switched to Live)
- Enter a name. We recommend something clear like EventsFrame and then click Create App (Screenshot: PayPal) (Please note that PayPal's interface can look slightly different over time)
- In EventsFrame, visit the settings page for your account and click the Payment Integrations tab
- Click the +PayPal button (bottom left)
- Copy and paste the Client ID from PayPal into EventsFrame (Screenshot: PayPal). Then on the PayPal page, click to show the Secret Key
- Copy and paste the Secret Key into EventsFrame (Screenshot: EventsFrame)
Click the green Connect button (bottom left).
That's it - you're now you're setup to take payments! We recommend creating a ticket for a small amount to test that PayPal is connected properly.
Is it possible to add more than one PayPal account?
You may add only one PayPal account, all events will use the same PayPal account as per your account settings.
PayPal will not connect - what should I do?
99% of the time PayPal connection fails is that the Sandbox credentials are persisting in the PayPal setup. Firstly double and triple check that the Live credentials are being copied across to EventsFrame.