Setup PayPal as a Payment Option
Important! Before you start:
- You must be using a business PayPal account to accept payments. You can get more information here.
If you'd like to use PayPal on its own, follow the instructions below to get everything setup. Once these steps have been completed, you can control which events Paypal will be available as a payment option.
- Login to the PayPal Developer Dashboard (that link should take you to the Applications page). (Log into Dashboard if you haven't done so already)
- Scroll down to the REST API Apps section and click Create App
- Enter a name. We recommend something clear like EventsFrame Connection and then click Create App (Screenshot: PayPal)
- On the top right of the screen, switch from Sandbox to Live (Screenshot: PayPal)
- In EventsFrame, visit the settings page for your account and click the Payment Integrations tab
- Click the +PayPal button (bottom left)
- Copy and paste the Client Key from PayPal into EventsFrame (Screenshot: PayPal)On the PayPal page, click to show the Secret Key
- Copy and paste the Secret Key into EventsFrame (Screenshot: EventsFrame)
- Click the green Connect button (bottom left)
That's it - you're now you're setup to take payments! We recommend creating a ticket for a small amount to test that PayPal is connected properly.